Associate Director/Director of Legal and Intellectual Property
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s EEV technology platform enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cell.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring for a strategically oriented Associate Director/Director of Legal and Intellectual Property. The successful hire will play a central role in shaping corporate strategy, act as a trusted legal advisor within the company, and have a direct impact on the development of the Entrada platform and program portfolio.
- Partner with the R&D organization, the leadership team, and outside counsel to identify, develop and execute strategies that maximize the value of the company’s intellectual property worldwide
- Provide patentability, freedom-to-operate and other legal opinions and risk assessments
- Monitor competitive intellectual property, conduct prior art searches and respond to administrative challenges by third parties
- Provide high level transactional support to business development and the leadership team, including negotiating, drafting, and interpreting strategic collaborations, licensing agreements and contracts
- Review publications, presentations, press releases and other materials for clearance
- Effectively manage external relationships with outside counsel
- Effectively inform and advise senior management on corporate legal issues
- 8+ years of experience acting as patent counsel on biologics, either at a biotech or pharma company and/or representing such companies at a law firm
- J.D. and admission in good standing to the state bar
- Advanced degree in the biological sciences
- Admission to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate legal and intellectual property-related issues and formulate and execute a course of action to address such issues
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating agreements and contracts
- Significant experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams spanning research, development, CMC, regulatory, and commercial
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who will act as a trusted partner for the R&D and G&A organizations
- Demonstrated confidence in making difficult decisions independently
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, changing environments and respond effectively in challenging and ambiguous situations
Entrada Therapeutics’ mission is to treat devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Free monthly subway pass, subsidized parking or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass.