Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring for a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Cellular Pharmacology, Research Associate Scientist in support of the Company’s intracellular oligonucleotide and biologics discovery and development efforts. This individual will work closely with the Discovery Group and other functions to progress programs from target identification to preclinical proof-of-concept. The successful candidate is expected to be involved in all aspects of molecular cellular pharmacology needs, leading efforts for developing cell-based assays for candidate optimization, drug candidate validation and overseeing in vitro pharmacology studies for preclinical proof-of-concept. The successful candidate will also provide biology insights on new targets This individual is expected to work with Scientist/Sr Scientist in Pharmacology group to perform experiments and biological research. As part of the Pharmacology Group, the Research Associate has the opportunity to contribute broadly in advancing validated targets into the drug discovery pipeline.
- Responsible for the integrity and quality of internal in vitro data package
- Design, conduct and manage in vitro biologically relevant cellular assays to evaluate mechanistic and physiologically relevant functional activity data package.
- Collaborate with Discovery Group to generate mechanistic proof-of-concept and contribute to selecting novel therapeutic modalities that includes antibody, peptides, and oligonucleotides
- Utilize internal and external resources to execute pharmacology studies and preclinical translational studies relevant for rare neuromuscular and immunology related disease
- Independently design molecular or cellular assays aligned with the targeted disease mechanism
- Present data and research findings in the weekly pharmacology meeting including cross functional discovery/antibody meetings
- BS/MS, with 2+ years in academic environment, industry experience preferred
- Experience in state-of-the-art in vitro laboratory techniques (PCR, DNA and protein gel electrophoresis, Western blots, RNA preps, quantitative real-time PCR, mammalian cell line tissue culture.
- Exposure to mammalian transfection and lentiviral related work experience preferred not mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to design and perform experiments, assays is necessary but ability to troubleshoot and solve problem is preferred
- Able to solve routine operation and scientific problems requiring original thinking and deductive reasoning, nice to have
- Must have good working knowledge and familiarity to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Graphic software is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Ability to work effectively across cross functional teams is required, not mandatory
- “Hands-on” mentality in moving projects forward is preferred
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short term, long term disability insurance provided
- Unlimited Vacation
- Free subway and local bus use, subsidized parking, or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To learn more or submit your resume, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.