Director, Oligonucleotide Chemistry
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces -- our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
You should be a self-motivated and highly collaborative leader looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you’ll be involved in leading all aspects of our oligonucleotide chemistry group. Your background should be in chemistry, with a significant amount experience with oligonucleotide drug discovery and development. You’ll work side-by-side with your cross function leads to help develop this platform for treating some of the most challenging diseases.
In this role you will be responsible for managing process development and manufacturing supply logistics of oligonucleotides and conjugates (API) for preclinical and clinical development, including timelines, budgets, risks & mitigations plans for process development, starting materials, and non-GMP and GMP manufacturing campaigns. You will have the opportunity to actively manage development activities at CDMOs for project-specific activities. You’ll also have the opportunity to review technical reports and to draft CMC sections of regulatory submissions. You should be excited to act as the technical subject matter expert (SME) internally for troubleshooting process chemistry issues. As a leader, you should be excited to have the opportunity to recruit, supervise, mentor and guide direct reports to build a high-performance collaborative culture and to facilitate their scientific and career growth.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Your PhD in Chemistry or relevant discipline will have you ready to perform at your best with us as you come with 10 years of experience in an industry setting, preferably in oligonucleotide process development OR your MS in Organic Chemistry or relevant discipline with 15 years of experience in industry and preferably in oligonucleotide process development
- You should have thorough knowledge of process chemistry and scale-up to develop and implement robust and efficient oligonucleotide drug substance manufacturing processes across the development continuum
- Make sure to share with us your knowledge of regulatory and quality too!
- We hope you have experience in technology transfers (managing or executing), and analytical techniques like HPLC, UPLC, NMR, KF, UV, LC-MS, we’d also love for you to have experience working with CDMOs
- You should have experience leading a team in chemistry, if you haven’t that’s ok just be ready to share with us experiences that would translate well
- You should have excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills, you’ll have a lot of opportunities to demonstrate this everyday!
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, and you’ll benefit from discretionary time off and an excellent 401K package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.