Downstream Process Engineer (High-Throughput Platform)
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative and innovative high-throughput Process Engineer specializing in the downstream processing of recombinant proteins/antibodies. The successful candidate will be responsible for purification process development, scale-up and tech transfer activities for multiple early-stage (first-in-human) and late-stage clinical programs.
- Design and execute studies to develop, optimize and scale-up downstream unit operations including harvest/clarification, chromatography, UF/DF, conjugation, formulation and fill/finish
- Play a key role in high throughput platform process development for evaluation and implementation of novel concepts
- Participate in cross-functional process development and discovery teams to support robust CMC documentation
- Write protocols and operating procedures leading to tech transfer. Build strong working relationships with external CMOs and be the technical expert responsible for effective tech transfer
- Interpret and present research/development data and findings in internal meetings
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
- Ph.D. (0+years) / M.S. (2+years) / B.S. (4+ years) in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology/Biochemistry or related fields with relevant experience in downstream process development of biologics
- Hands-on experience with AKTA, UNICORN, TFF, HPLC, and TECAN/liquid handlers is required
- Working knowledge of DOE, QbD, and the ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools
- Experience in tech transfer to internal manufacturing or CDMOs is preferred
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized to meet research and development goals
- Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drive to solve problems and ability to work independently
- Ability to work with junior scientists to facilitate troubleshooting activities is desired
Entrada Therapeutics’ mission is to treat devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Free monthly subway pass, subsidized parking or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass.