Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Antisense Oligonucleotide
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative and innovative Scientist/Sr. Scientist specializing in oligonucleotide therapeutics, including but not limited to antisense oligonucleotides and small interfering ribonucleic acids. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists on applying Entrada’s cutting-edge drug delivery platform to develop oligonucleotide-based pipelines for treating some of the most challenging diseases. Specifically, the candidate will design, prepare and characterize oligonucleotide constructs, and develop analytical assays for functional validation both in vitro and in vivo. The candidate will contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Design and optimize oligonucleotide sequences for DNA and mRNA targets
- Prepare, optimize and purify oligonucleotides-peptide conjugates with different chemical strategies
- Analytical characterization of the synthesized oligonucleotides and oligonucleotidespeptide conjugates
- Develop and execute cell-based assays for validating biological activity of oligonucleotides-peptide conjugates in vitro
- Process and analyze samples from in vivo studies (e.g. qPCR, ELISA, Western blotting, confocal microscopy, HPLC)
- Prepare SOPs and other reports/documents for assay development and validation
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field
Skills and Experiences
- Demonstrated experience in design and validation of oligonucleotide-based drug delivery systems, such as antisense oligonucleotides and siRNAs
- Demonstrated experience in conjugation and purification of oligonucleotides with different methods
- Demonstrated experience in cell-based screening assays, such as qPCR, ELISA, luciferase, fluorescence and Western blotting Expertise in cell culture including working with complex cell types preferred
- Experience with in vivo pharmacology preferred
- Experience with LC-MS systems and other bioanalytical methods
- Ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task to meet research and development goals
- Drive to solve problems and ability to work independently
Entrada Therapeutics’ mission is to treat devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Free monthly subway pass, subsidized parking or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass.