Principal Scientist, Antisense Oligonucleotide
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of oligonucleotide therapeutics, proteins, and peptides, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Principal Scientist specializing in oligonucleotide chemistry to build a state-of-the art synthesis and purification lab. The candidate will work with a world‐class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery and development scientists on applying Entrada’s cutting‐edge drug delivery platform to develop oligonucleotide‐based pipelines for treating some of the most challenging diseases. Specifically, the candidate is expected to start the synthesis, purification, and characterizations of oligonucleotides. The successful candidate will also recruit and build as well as lead a team of excellent scientists and associates.
- Establish oligo synthesis lab to enable milligram to gram synthesis of oligonucleotides and their conjugates
- Establish purification and analysis methods
- Recruit and build an oligonucleotide chemistry team
- Manage the supply of raw material and external CRO
- Manage necessary equipment and training as well as mentor junior members
- Interact with external contract organizations to manage orders, assist with timeline, quality control, trouble shooting, and facilitating method transfer as needed
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
Ph.D. in organic chemistry with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in oligonucleotide chemistry experience
Skills and Experiences
- Demonstrated experience in oligonucleotide chemistry including synthesis, purification, and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in nucleotide chemistry
- Hands on experience with oligonucleotide synthesizers as well as other synthesis and purification equipment
- Previous experience in supervising, developing, and recruiting excellent scientists
- Strong track record of publication and presentation in oligonucleotide therapeutics field
- Ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team with strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi‐task to meet research and development goals