Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics
Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces -- our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
You should be versatile, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you’ll be involved in all types of data integration and analysis. You should be excited to play a critical role in the development of a bioinformatics and computational platform for oligonucleotide therapeutics discovery. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and collaborating seamlessly across functions with excellent verbal and written skills.
In this role you will play a critical role in the development of a bioinformatics and computational platform for oligonucleotide therapeutics discovery. You will contribute to the overall scientific strategy for oligonucleotide therapeutics, with a focus on sequence design, data analysis and integration. You should be excited to share your findings across the research teams and serve as the technical and scientific lead.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Your PhD in bioinformatics, information sciences, cheminformatics, computational chemistry or a related field will have you ready to perform at your best with at least 6+ years of industry experience in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics
- You should be an expert in solving scientific problems using program language (python/Perl)
- Your experience using bioinformatics platforms to analyze RNA alternative splicing, RNA secondary structure and pathway analysis should have you ready to succeed in this position
- You should be familiar in therapeutic modalities targeting RNAs (antisense oligo, siRNA, miRNA, gene therapy)
- Having experience in building machine learning/artificial intelligence models based on oligonucleotide data is a great plus, but not a must have for the role
- Would be great if you’ve had experience processing, organizing, analyzing and visualizing complex data and information, such as high throughput genomics and genetics data
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, and you’ll benefit from discretionary time off and an excellent 401K package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.