Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of macromolecules including oligonucleotides and biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the intracellular delivery of therapeutics.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both drug development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring a highly motivated, collaborative and innovative Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) expert to lead our preclinical DMPK activities in support of the Company’s intracellular oligonucleotide and biologics discovery and development efforts. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Product Development and work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug development scientists and lead the design, analysis and interpretation of preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies. Specifically, the candidate will design, manage and execute in vitro and in vivo programs both in-house and at contract research organizations. The candidate will also be responsible for analyzing, interpreting and modeling DMPK and PK/PD studies. The successful candidate will also have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and will be expected to contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Lead all aspects of DMPK design, manage and execute in vitro/in vivo experiments to support preclinical characterization of drug candidates
- Develop and coordinate the execution of studies for measuring drug concentration, target engagement and pharmacodynamic effects in vitro and in vivo
- Lead and coordinate outsourced preclinical studies by interacting closely with CROs
- Partner with the discovery team, toxicology and clinical managers to optimize preclinical models and lead candidates to inform first-in-patient clinical dosing strategies
- Author study reports to support IND filings
- Champion innovation and new initiatives for discovery programs by proactively reviewing literature and other advancements in disease area biology
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Contribute effectively to patents and scientific publications
- Ph.D. in pharmacology or a relevant scientific discipline
- 6+ years of relevant industrial or academic experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacology
- Demonstrated knowledge of ADME, PK/PD, toxicokinetics and bioanalytical development of protein therapeutics/biologics/oligonucelotides
- Deep understanding of translational biology
- Significant experience in bioanalytical techniques including assays for assessing serum/tissue drug levels and immunogenicity
- Experience in pre-clinical PK-PD modeling
- Experience with writing technical study reports and supporting IND submissions
- Ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team setting spanning discovery to clinical operations and strategy with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple high priority activities to support research and company development goals
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and the ability to effectively troubleshoot and perform root cause analyses
- Understanding of in vitro and in vivo toxicology assessment and histopathology
- Experience in assay development for target engagement and biomarker discovery
- Understanding of clinical trial design and PK modeling to support first-in-human clinical studies