Research Associate, Fermentation Engineering
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $50 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Research Associate with a background in fermentation engineering to join Entrada’s process development team. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists to evaluate new clinical candidates. Specifically, the candidate will focus on the improvements of fermentation workflow to produce recombinant therapeutic proteins. The candidate will also contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Perform media, buffer and stock solution preparation for both plates and fermenters
- Perform small scale (shake flask, microwell plate) studies to optimize different process parameters and media components
- Set up, operate and turn around fermentation processes
- Assist in developing fermentation processes as well as maintaining and troubleshooting relevant equipment
- Perform sample processing and routine biochemical analysis
- Identify and implement improvements to existing processes; establish SOPs for new programs
- Assist in scale-up and scale-down activities as well as tech-transfer to CDMOs
- Communicate and document work clearly
- Drive to solve problems and ability to work independently
- Contribute and adhere to all safety standards and practices
Bachelor’s degree in chemical/biological engineering, fermentation science, biochemistry or a relevant scientific discipline, plus over two years of relevant experience in a lab setting
Otherwise, a Master’s degree in the aforementioned disciplines with relevant research experience
Skills and Experiences
- Strong understanding of fermentation principles and engineering fundamentals of growing recombinant microorganisms in a bioreactor to express therapeutic proteins
- Strong understanding of Sterile Culture Technique and basic biochemistry techniques
- Experience with the setup and operation of various microbial fermentation processes with computer-controlled fermentation systems
- Knowledge of biochemical engineering, microbiology and protein chemistry
- Experience using lab automation (i.e. robotic systems) to enable complicated or high-throughput protocols is preferred
- Experience in operating lab-scale downstream processing techniques such as centrifugation, homogenization and TFF/UF is preferred
Entrada Therapeutics’ mission is to treat devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage provided, as well as 401K and other benefits.