Research Associate II, Protein Expression and Purification
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Research Associate with a background in protein production, purification and characterization to join Entrada’s discovery efforts. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists to express multiple therapeutic proteins and enzymes for evaluation as new clinical candidates. Specifically, the candidate will design protein expression constructs, develop and optimize protein purification processes, characterize purified material using standard biochemical techniques and develop enzymatic activity assays. The candidate will assist with assay development and metabolite analysis, as well as evaluate new lab equipment and vendors, and engage with external contract research organizations as needed. The candidate will also contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Optimize production and FPLC-based purification of recombinant proteins and enzymes using microbial expression systems
- Characterize proteins using PAGE, Western Blot, RP-HPLC, SEC, LAL, UV-Vis spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, host cell-DNA, host protein, etc.
- Develop and execute enzymatic activity assays
- Prepare SOPs and other reports/documents for assay development and validation
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal scientific meetings
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports and publications of scientific findings
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in biochemistry, biophysics, pharmacology, biomedical engineering or a relevant scientific discipline and a 2+ years’ experience in protein expression, purification and analytics.
- Use of biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Use of molecular biology techniques
- Recombinant protein production from microbial systems (eg. E. coli and Pichia pastoris)
- Protein purification both from soluble fraction and inclusion bodies with AKTA systems, using affinity, size exclusion, ion exchange and other chromatography
- Knowledge of enzymology, enzyme kinetics and enzyme assay development a plus
- Ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task to meet research and development goals
- Drive to solve problems and ability to work independently