Postdoctoral Scientist, Protein Engineering
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative postdoctoral scientist with a background in antibody discovery and engineering to join Entrada’s discovery efforts. The candidate will work with world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists on applying cutting-edge delivery technology to develop leads for compelling intracellular biological targets. Specifically, the candidate will design and execute biologics against therapeutically relevant intracellular targets. The candidate will contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Design and execute antibody library screening against novel therapeutic targets, working closely with CRO’s as needed
- Develop and execute display techniques, flow cytometry, HTS for the generation and optimization of novel biotherapeutics
- Develop and execute assays for screening leads (e.g. ELISA, Octet, and SPR) and cell based potency assays
- Develop protein conjugations and optimize PK/PD * Expertise executing antibody developability assays and formulation
- Champion innovation and new initiatives in discovery programs by proactively reviewing literature and other advancements
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conference
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
- Ph.D. in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Protein Biochemistry, Cell Biology) or a related field Skills and Experiences
- Experience in antibody development including single domain antibody formats and engineering such as antibody humanization, CDR grafting, biophysical properties optimization, and protein structural modeling
- Experience working with biophysical characterizations of biotherapeutics, such as SPR, Octet, and DSC
- Experience displaying techniques such as phage/yeast display is highly desired
- Experience with protein conjugation and/or antibody drug conjugates is highly desired
- Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and engineering of novel entities
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Ability and desire to work in an interdisciplinary scientific team and the desire to learn new techniques
- Ability to work with junior scientists to facilitate troubleshooting activities is desired
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Free monthly subway pass, subsidized parking or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass.