Senior Research Associate, Analytical Development
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring for an independently motivated and detail-oriented Senior Research Associate with excellent problem-solving abilities for interrogating complex molecular entities. In this largely laboratory-based position, the Senior Research Associate will focus on providing analytical support for Entrada’s intracellular biologics Process Development team. The successful candidate will design and execute a range of chromatography-based analytical methods as well as biochemical and biophysical assays to support bioanalytical characterizations during the discovery and development phases. The successful candidate will also contribute to tech transfer to CDMOs as required.
- Execute analytical and biophysical assays to support the process development and drug release of intracellular biologics
- Execute release and characterization assays and facilitate assay transfers to CDMOs
- Prepare and present technical data, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for internal use and transfer to external sites
- Work independently and collaboratively in a scientifically-stimulating, patient-focused research environment
- A Bachelor’s in biochemistry, chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry or a related discipline with 5+ years industry experience or a Master’s with 3+ years industry experience
- HPLC/UPLC experience with a fundamental understanding of liquid chromatographic methods (RP, SEC, IEX, HIC) is required
- Experience with characterizing proteins, antibodies and/or other biologics by analytical methods such ELISA, PAGE, capillary electrophoresis and western blotting is required
- Hands-on experience with biophysical characterization techniques, including Octet and MALS/DLS preferred
- Hands-on experience with bioburden and host cell protein assays preferred
- A basic understanding of drug substance manufacturing principles and unit operations • A strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Competitive health, dental and vision coverage. Life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance provided. Free monthly subway pass, subsidized parking or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass.