Scientist / Senior Scientist, Antibody Discovery and Engineering
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein, and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces -- our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund, and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
If you are persistent, detail-orientated, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves to drive cutting edge antibody engineering and discovery, we are looking for you! You should be excited to play an essential role in the development of our pipeline as you’ll have the opportunity to design and create antibody therapeutics specific to novel intracellular targets utilizing our proprietary drug delivery platform. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be seeking a career with growth opportunities, the type of opportunities you only find at a start-up. You should crave collaboration and enjoy being surrounded by a supportive and passionate team who share the same goal of treating devastating diseases.
In this position, you will own your antibody discovery and development projects while leaning on internal and external experts when needed. You will play a critical role in the development, design, and execution of antibody library screenings, utilizing yeast display methods and flow cytometry (FACS) to characterize novel biotherapeutic lead candidates. You’ll leverage both rational and random protein engineering methods to optimize candidate leads for improved stability, CMC, and pharmacological properties. We expect our Scientists to share their ideas and we listen! Finally, we hope you enjoy communicating your processes and findings across different formats including protocol writing, regulatory filings, patent applications, publications and in internal and external meetings because people will want to know what you’ve discovered.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Your PhD in molecular biology, structural biology, protein biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field with a strong foundational knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in therapeutic antibody lead identification including library creation and screening techniques is a must – a huge bonus if you have experience developing antibodies against intracellular therapeutic targets.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience utilizing phage and yeast display techniques coupled with FACs are critical
- Experience in antibody optimization, single domain antibody formats, and engineering including antibody humanization, CDR grafting, biophysical properties optimization, and protein structural modeling would be valuable
- Experience with biophysical characterization of biotherapeutics using techniques such as SPR, Octet and DSC and the ability to partner with our in vitro and in vivo POC teams is a bonus
- Familiarity with chemical coupling, peptide conjugation, and antibody drug conjugates would be valuable
- A strong desire to join forces with your colleagues, thrive in a collaborative environment, and communicate across wide audiences will allow you to hit the ground running
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, and you’ll benefit from discretionary time off and an excellent 401K package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.