Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Senior Scientist, specializing in bioanalytical method development and characterization of protein therapeutics/biologics to join Entrada’s pharmaceutical development efforts. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists in developing and performing a range of mass spectrometry-based methods, chromatography-based methods, as well as other biochemical and biophysical assays to support bioanalytical characterizations during discovery and development phases. The candidate will also contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Develop and execute bioanalytical characterizations of protein and other biologics using mass spectrometry including protein intact mass, peptide mapping, and posttranslational modification characterizations
- Develop methods to analyze proteins using SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, SEC, MALS, DLS, IEF, HIC, reverse phase (RP) HPLC/UPLC chromatography to support analytical activities for discovery and development
- Manage selection, assay transfer, qualification and work carried out by contract research or manufacture organizations
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal meetings
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
- Ph.D. in protein chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in biologics bioanalytical method development
- Ability to work with multiple analytical instrumentation, especially HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, and LC-MS/MS, as well as vendor types
- Experience of developing release/characterization assays preferred
- Experience of maintenance and troubleshooting multiplexing chromatography-mass spectrometry systems preferred
- Experience in tech transfer to contract organizations and support regulatory filing preferred
- Ability to multi-task while remaining organized to meet research and development goals
- Ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary team with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drive to solve problems and ability to work independently