Senior Scientist – Analytical Development (Biologics)
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces -- our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
You are a motivated, resourceful, and enthusiastic biologics-focused Analytical Development Senior Scientist excited to support the company at a critical stage in its growth trajectory. You excel at developing, qualifying, and implementing analytical methods using state-of-the-art instrumentation, including but not limited to HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, CE and iCE. If you can perform these activities with minimal supervision, yet thrive in a collaborative setting, this role is for you. At Entrada, you will not be siloed, but rather expected to interact across different functional groups, including Discovery, Process Development, Pharmacology, Product Development, and CRO/CMOs. Your ability and desire to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced results-driven environment will set you up for success.
In this position you will own the analytical developmental needs for the identity, purity, and safety analysis of a variety of different therapeutic modalities, including biologics (antibodies and antibody modalities), peptides, glycans, oligonucleotides and conjugates thereof. This work will support early discovery, process development, and product characterization activities for the evaluation of drug substance, drug product, and stability samples. Ideally, you will be able to perform these analytical method development, optimization, and qualification projects under minimal supervision while leaning on internal and external experts when needed. Furthermore, you will review and evaluate new methodologies/techniques to add to or improve laboratory capabilities and efficiencies. You will be responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment by following appropriate calibration and maintenance activities. You will be a mentor with the potential to manage scientist and research associates in the future. Finally, we hope you enjoy communicating your processes and findings across different formats including authoring and reviewing standard test methods, reports, protocol writing, regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, etc.), patent applications, publications (including review for technical correctness and regulatory compliance) and in internal and external meetings because your work will be critical to the success of the entire company and our ability to treat devastating diseases.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- A Ph.Din Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline with 4-7 years of relevant post-graduate biologics method development experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industries (post-graduate academic experience will be considered)
- A strong background in the areas of analytical chemistry/biochemistry, with emphasis on experience and in-depth working knowledge of HPLC/UPLC， LC-MS， LC-MS/MS，CE， iCE and SDS-PAGE is essential
- Specific experience with biologics (therapeutic antibodies, recombinant proteins, etc.) is required, while additional experience with Oligonucleotides is valuable
- Experience with purity (RP-HPLC, SEC-HPLC, AEX/CEX-HPLC), identity (LC-MS high resolution intact mass), aggregates (SEC-HPLC, SEC-MALS), charge variants (AEX/CEX/CIEF/iCIEF), sequencing (LC-MS/MS) techniques is ideal
- Working knowledge of phase appropriate regulatory requirements applicable to analytical development and testing is highly desirable
- Method development experience for both early- and late-stage programs is highly desirable
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision and is highly collaborative with other groups
- Results driven in line with project and team objectives
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks in parallel to meet organizational goals
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, and you’ll benefit from discretionary time off and an excellent 401K package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.