Senior Analyst, Accounting and Operations
Senior Analyst, Accounting and Operations
What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces -- our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
You should be versatile, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you’ll be involved in several aspects of accounting and financial operations. You will support and learn from our corporate controller, overseeing accounts payable, payroll and areas of financial reporting. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be seeking career growth opportunities, the type of opportunities you only find at a start-up. You should be an excellent communicator and enjoy working with a collaborative team.
Manage the account payable function with the help of our third-party procurement team
- Ensure accurate data entry of all vendor invoices
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain and improve systems, procedures, and policies around the procure-to-pay function
Responsible for bi-weekly payroll
- Input US payroll twice a month, ensuring new hire information, terminations, and all other changes are accurately reflected
- Prepare payroll-related journal entries
- Respond to employee questions in a timely manner
- Coordinate with HR on benefits to ensure accuracy of information used in payroll
- Prepare for year-end W-2s by assisting with entering commuter taxable entries and other fringe benefits
- Review the accuracy of W-2s and prepare reconciliations for employees
- Coordinate with various auditors on required support for audits
Be a key part of the accounting team
- Perform monthly close activities including balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and enter month-end journal entries
- Contribute ideas to improve process, procedure, and system efficiency
- Participate in quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Other duties and special projects as we continue to grow
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- BS/BA degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) and 2-5 years of experience in an Accounting role (biotech experience preferred)
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Working knowledge or desire to learn our various financial systems (ADP Run, Prendio, Bill.com, and Quickbooks)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Outstanding communications skills (written, verbal and presentation)
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you will have access to excellent health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance and you’ll benefit from a discretionary time off package and flexible work arrangements. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.