Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics’ development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring for a Principal Scientist focusing on Neuromuscular biology to drive the Company’s intracellular Oligo/biologics discovery programs. The successful candidate will work closely with the Discovery Group and other functions to progress programs from target identification to preclinical proof-of-concept. The successful candidate is expected to be involved in all aspects of pre-clinical pharmacology studies, leading efforts for developing GEMM for neuromuscular disease indication, functional physiological measurement of cell-based assays for providing mechanistic insight, drug candidate validation. The successful candidate will also provide muscle biology insights on neuromuscular targets and therapeutic hypotheses to guide drug discovery efforts and translation into the clinic. This individual is expected to directly lead from the bench and work with research associates and CROs to perform experiments and biological research. As part of the Pharmacology Group, this role has the opportunity to contribute broadly to advancing validated targets into the drug discovery pipeline.
- Design and lead the preclinical studies to advance lead programs in Neuromuscular rare disease space
- Lead target nomination, analysis and building scientific rationale for disease selection
- Evaluate, validate,and develop disease models for neuromuscular diseases
- Investigate and validate efficacy of oligonucleotide mediated delivery by WB, RT-PCR, IF, and other tools both in vivo and in vitro to drive go/no-go decisions
- Manage in house vivarium operations by working with junior associates and scientists
- Collaborate with Discovery Group to generate mechanistic proof-of-concept and contribute to selecting novel therapeutic modalities that include oligonucleotides, peptides, and antibodies
- Utilize internal and external resources to execute pharmacology studies and preclinical translational studies relevant for neurological disorders
- Present data and research findings in internal team meetings, review meetings and external conferences
- Ph.D. or equivalent in neuromuscular biology or relevant field with strong publication record with 6+ industry experience
- Experience in performing in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies with GEMM for neuromuscular indications
- Experience in muscle physiological/functional measurement
- Experience in technologies including ELISA, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in-situ hybridization, western blotting, flow cytometry and qPCR
- Proven ability to work independently, solve problems and initiate new ideas
- Strong communication skill and ability to work effectively across functions
- “Hands-on” mentality in moving projects forward
- Desire to work in an innovative and collaborative environment pursuing high reward science
- Competitive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, short term, long term disability insurance provided
- Unlimited Vacation
- Free subway and local bus use, subsidized parking, or subsidized monthly commuter rail pass
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
To learn more or submit your resume, contact us at email@example.com.