Senior Scientist, Cellular Pharmacology
Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
Entrada is hiring for a Pharmacology/In Vivo Biology Senior Scientist to drive the Company’s intracellular biologics discovery programs. This individual will work closely with the Discovery Group and other functions to progress programs from target identification to preclinical proof-of-concept. The successful candidate is expected to be involved in all aspects of translational science, leading efforts for developing cell-based assays for candidate optimization, drug candidate validation and overseeing pharmacology studies for PK/PD and preclinical proof-of-concept.
The successful candidate will also provide biology insights on new targets and therapeutic hypotheses to guide drug discovery efforts and translation into the clinic. This individual is expected to directly lead from the bench and work with research associates and CROs to perform experiments and biological research. As part of the Biology Group, the Biology Senior Scientist has the opportunity to contribute broadly in advancing validated targets into the drug discovery pipeline. Title will be commensurate with experience.
- Investigate and validate novel biology of interested targets
- Collaborate with Discovery Group to generate mechanistic proof-of-concept and contribute to selecting novel therapeutic modalities that include antibody, peptides and oligonucleotides
- Experience in PD biomarker identification and development for intracellular/extracellular targets
- Design, conduct and manage in vitro and in vivo experiments to evaluate mechanistic, , ADME and PK profiles of developmental candidates
- Experience in oligo nucleotide mediated delivery for neuromuscular targets
- Utilize internal and external resources to execute pharmacology studies and preclinical translational studies relevant for neurological disorders
- Engage key opinion leaders and collaborators to drive program to clinical development
- Mentor junior members of Discovery Biology Group
- Present data and research findings in internal team meetings, review meetings and external conferences
- Ph.D. or equivalent in neuromuscular biology or relevant field with strong publication record
- More than 5 years of industry experience preferably in rare genetic diseases
- Demonstrated understanding of in vitro and in vivo mechanistic and functional studies using oligonucleotide mediated delivery
- Experience working with multiple mammalian cell culture systems, including cell lines ,and primary cell cultures
- Hands-on experience in technologies including ELISA, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in-situ hybridization, western blotting, flow cytometry and qPCR
- Proven ability to work independently, solve problems and initiate new ideas
- Strong communication skill and ability to work effectively across functions
- “Hands-on” mentality in moving projects forward
- Desire to work in an innovative and collaborative environment pursuing high reward science