Entrada Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics. Entrada’s technology enables the efficient intracellular delivery of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, thus allowing for the development of programs across several intracellular target classes. The Company’s novel approach addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the delivery of molecules into the cytosol.
Entrada is comprised of experts and leaders in both biologics development and the rare disease space. In December 2018, Entrada closed a $59 million Series A from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available to join the Fermentation group at Entrada Therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Sr. Research Associate with a background in fermentation/cell culture. The candidate will be responsible for the designing and execution of small- and medium-scale microbial (E. coli, Pichia pastoris) fermentations to support the discovery and development of Entrada’s biologics pipeline. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery and development scientists to evaluate new clinical candidates and develop new processes. Specifically, the candidate will focus on the improvements of fermentation and high throughput screening workflow to produce recombinant therapeutic proteins using microbial expression systems. The candidate will also contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as required.
- Plan the fermentation and primary recovery experiments according to objective priority by interacting with various departments within Entrada
- Independently designs and troubleshoots fermentation and primary recovery experiments
- Set-up, inoculate, and operate meticulously shake flasks, small- and medium-scale yeast and bacterial fermentations
- Perform primary recovery such as cell harvest, homogenization, inclusion body wash, solubilization, and refolding
- Run SDS-PAGE gels, HPLC to monitor metabolite levels and protein expression
- Record experimental details and observations in the laboratory notebooks
- Present data and research findings in internal team meetings
- Ph.D./MS/BS in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related fields
- Ph.D. or MS with 2+ years or BS with 4+ years of experience related to fermentation process development of recombinant proteins
- Experience working with E. coli, Pichia pastoris for expression of recombinant proteins
- Experience with primary recovery operations such as centrifugation, homogenization, solubilization, refolding (a plus)
- Knowledge and use of molecular biology and biochemistry techniques
- Strong understanding of bioreactor design and transport phenomena as it relates to bioprocess scale-up and applied control theory
- Desire to work in an innovative and collaborative environment pursuing high reward science