What Information Does the Company Collect?
We occasionally collect Personal Information and other information from individuals who use and visit the Site (“you” or “Users”). “Personal Information” means information that can be used to identify an individual.
Consent and Modification
By using the Site, you consent to the terms of this Policy and to our processing of Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change this Policy at any time, and any such change will be effective seven days following posting of the revision to this Policy on the Site. Your continued use of the Site seven days following such posting means that you accept those changes.
If we make any change in how we use Personal Information, we will notify you by means of a notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective.
Information We Collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information Provided Directly -- We may collect information that Users provide directly as part of sending us communications and questions. When a User contacts us, we collect the User’s name and email address, in addition to any Personal Information communicated by the User in the body of the User’s communication.
- Log Files -- The Site automatically records certain log file information, such as IP address, location, mobile carrier, device, and interaction with links in the Site.
- Metadata -- Metadata is technical information associated with user information, such as how or when information was collected.
How Do We Use Information that We Collect?
We may use information from Users to answer User communications and inquiries, and to operate and improve the Site.
We do not use Personal Information for building user profiles for commercial purposes not related to the provision of the Site.
Personal Information collected by the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country of residence.
We may disclose your Personal Information or any information submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce any applicable terms of service, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our Users, yourself or the public. We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How Do We Share Information that We Collect?
We will not share your Personal Information except as provided for by this Policy.
- Affiliates -- We may share information collected by the Site with businesses that are legally part of the same group as the Company, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”).
- Third Party Service Providers -- We may use contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform limited services on our behalf, such as hosting websites and providing email services. Service Providers are required to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service, to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information, and not to use Personal Information for any purpose other than provision of the service.
- Business Transitions -- If the Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if it is subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection therewith.
- Security, Confidentiality and Integrity of Personal Information -- We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. Please be aware that certain Personal Information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the Site may be stored on your device (even if that information is not collected by us). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
- International Users -- The Company and its servers are located in the United States and are subject to applicable local, state, and federal laws. Users who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Users who choose to access the Site consent to the use and disclosure of information in accordance with this Policy and subject to such laws. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdiction.
- Children’s Privacy -- The Site is neither directed to nor structured to attract Users under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use the Site. The Company does not knowingly collect Personal Information from users under the age of 18. If you are a parent with concerns about children’s privacy issues in conjunction with the use of the Site, please contact the Company at email@example.com.
- California law also permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The effective date of this Policy is December 18, 2018.